This week I got my first “I’m sorry” comment from someone who heard that I have baby twins. It left me speechless though I know I have lots of work with them and often mentioned benefits of having twins seem to be in rather distant future.
I try to find the positive in every situation and inspired by this I decided to think of 5 wonderful facts of having baby twins since our life is actually not bad at all. Tiresome and busy yes, but not bad.
Here is the list I came up with:
1. Double amount of toothless smiles. Having twins means double amount of waking up at night, changing diapers and spending money. But it also means double amount of smiles, love and laughter.
2. Audience for my piano playing. They are the first people ever who actually like to hear me playing the piano. They fall asleep always when I start playing. Or maybe it’s because I’m terrible and boring and they rather sleep than listen. I don’t know but I’m happy it works.
3. Easy to get to know people. Every time I leave the house with them someone comes to talk to us. Twins seem to be interesting and often people share their story of twins they know. We just moved to a new neighborhood and it’s nice to get to know people.
4. Two different personalities. It amazes me every day how different their personalities are. I love getting to know them better each day. The other one is very laid back. He eats well and sleeps well and can spend a long time in the baby swing just looking around. The other one is very lively and active and when awake she wants to be held. She also cries like a little dragon if the service is too slow.
5. People offer to help. With one child we didn’t get much help but with twins people know that it’s hard. We’ve had our parents and friends help and even the city we live in offers us a nanny service. During these two months, my husband and I have been on more dates than during the first year with our first born son.
Let me know if you have something else to add!
Have a nice week end!