I told you about the difficulty of relaxing previously on this post. After that I’ve become better at this. It’s not that difficult for me anymore and that’s why I wanted to share some tips with you.
Today I had some me time and decided to head to Helsinki center to spend it. We live in the suburbs and I find it easier to relax when I go little further away from home. And I love Helsinki. One day I’ll write an ode to Helsinki. It’s such a beautiful city (in my opinion). 🙂
This time I only wandered around. Stopped somewhere to sit in the sun and look at people. Did some shopping. Had lunch at my favorite Café. It was finally warm enough to eat outside.
It’s somehow easier to breathe when it’s warm. Relax your shoulders and walk a little slower. I don’t have words to start describing how happy I am that it’s finally warm. I waited for this for too long.
I didn’t do much but it was a beautiful and relaxing day.
The nanny asked me in the morning if I had any special wishes for her last day with us. I asked for cinnamon rolls.
It was great to come to a cleaned home that smelled like cinnamon. For the last time with her.
Here are my tips for relaxing me time:
- Try to get the time regularly. Set the dates weeks or even months beforehand. It really helps when you don’t have to keep asking for help all the time.
- Leave your kids with someone you trust.
- Lower your standards. It doesn’t matter if the babysitter has different rules or if she does things differently than you. When it comes to raising kids it’s the big picture that matters.
- Plan beforehand what you are going to do. So you don’t spend your me time planning but be ready to change your plan.
- Don’t make too tight schedule.
- Make a mental list of things you would do like to do. If the possibility to spend some me time comes unexpectedly you can pick something to do quickly.
- Sometimes it’s good to spend your me time resting, sometimes taking care of chores and sometimes doing things that you love.
When you have me time regularly you can do it all.
Have a lovely weekend!