Here is a little introduction to myself and this blog. 🙂
I started this blog in January when I had too much time. I had been on sickness leave from work for a month and being on third trimester on my twin pregnancy there was not much to do. Or actually there would have been plenty to do but I was ordered to stay in bed so I couldn’t. And to be honest with my huge belly I could hardly get my socks on let alone do something more active.
I thought this would be a perfect way to spend my days. This was something I could do while resting. But after about a week from my first post the twins decided to arrive. After that I’ve had my hands full but I decided to continue blogging anyway.
At first I thought that this blog would be more about my children. Twins and the big brother. What they are doing, wearing and eating. But quite soon I realized that I don’t want to share too much of them. I don’t want to share pictures of their faces for example. So it’s becoming a blog where I share my thoughts and perspective on parenting and life in general. Of course my children will be a big part of it since I’m currently a stay-at-home mom. I also want to share our everyday life. I hope it’s interesting to you but I also want to document this baby year for myself. Because of my heavy fatigue I don’t think that I’ll remember much of it later.
I have different goals I wish to achieve with this blog. Since I’m a true list person I made a list of them:
- Improve my writing skills. When I was a child I wrote a lot. I kept a journal regularly and had pen pals. I loved writing. But at latest in university I had so many assignments to write I didn’t want use my spare time writing so I stopped. And after uni I didn’t get back to it. But here we go.
- Improve my English. It’s hard to maintain or improve your language skills if you don’t use the language. That’s one of the reasons for writing in English.
- Be part of an international blogging community. That’s another reason why I write in English. I love to learn about different cultures and habits. But I also find it interesting how people around the world are the same. Their houses or clothing or whatever can be different but if you ask them for example to tell about their families they do it in an exact same way. It’s kinda intriguing.
- Document this baby year. I told you why up there.
- Maybe even find some new friends.
Couple of words about me..
As you know I’m a mother for twin babies and a three years old boy. We live in Helsinki suburbs. We also have a cat called Moona. I work in a publishing company with legal information matters but will stay at home with the kids for at least a year now.
I don’t know what else to tell you about me so maybe some random facts?
- I’m left handed
- Before buying this house I had always lived in apartments.
- I have studied latin for four years.
- I have traveled quite much but never been to Asia.
- I’ve had a phobia of needles.
- I would like to learn French.
Would you like to tell me something about yourself? I’d love to hear from you. 🙂